Friday, February 22, 2013

From Dumps to Glory

2 full-time jobs, my own car and looking for a place... later.

During this time, I was attending church regularly, not a faithful tither, only when I had it and gave an offering every now and so often. I thought I was doing pretty well! So I thought! Slowly but surely, things started to dwindle down. One of my jobs couldn't accomodate my needs, so I had to do away with that job!

Now, I was down to 1 job, my own car and a rocky living situation. That was just a cut in my extra money. I was still doing well though. I would often, maybe 2-3 times a week (average) go to happy hour with my coworkers. It was something to... I mean shux... drinks were only $5! All I needed was $20 worth of drinks and a box on Wine Black & Milds and I was good... to... go! My favorite drink was the Strong Island Ice Tea. All the while, still attending church regularly.

Speeding the story up a bit... the day before Thanksgiving 2012, I crashed my car! Ugh, having had a few drinks prior to crashing, I didnt think that was the cause of my lack of paying attention. I don't know what it was... maybe I did. *shrugs* Moving on, now I didn't have a car but I still had my job and my living situation... the same.
Less than one month later, I was terminated from my job! Now, I was about to lose it! I was wrongfully terminated and didn't have a car aaaaaand my living situation was rocky. Now, God and I needed to have a talk. I was losing everything slowly but surely. From 2 full-time jobs and my own car to no car, no job in a matter of a couple of months! This wasn't right!

I started to realize that I had a problem... a compulsive drinking problem. I was becoming an alcoholic and I'd forgotten God in ALL of this. It took for me to lose what I had and to feel like I was on my last leg for me to get it together.

New Years came and I'm not a person that usually sets resolutions and so I didn't, but some things HAD to change.
After having gone through all of this, while going to church my Pastor would often mention in December that in January, he wanted the church as a whole to tithe faithfully. I immediately spoke to myself and agreed that I would. Now, my problem was, not having any income.

I started going to church and really applying myself, cut off some of my friends, stepped back from others and really started focusing on my relationship with God. I really did. I'd ceased my drinking and stopped smoking and was in my word on a regular basis. I started tithing off of any income I was receiving no matter what and started to step out on my faith for what I was believing God for.
Now a faithful tither and faithfully attending church as much as I can and applying myself. God has restored me and shown Himself true and even more available than I've ever paid attention to Him.

Being terminated saved my life! Smoking and drinking are no longer my life and even when I was receiving unemployment, I was tithing and promised to myself that I will nevee dishonor God in the financial area of my life again!

2 full-time jobs, my own car and a rocky living situation... later. Now, I'm a Federal Government employee making $5,800 more than the job that terminated me! My relationship with God is constantly growing and I'm even more sensitive to the voice of Holy Spirit! I say thanks to the job that THOUGHT they'd make my life miserable! I can only go UP from here... and you, yes YOU... U GOT NOW!

2 comments:

  1. To God Be the Glory! I am so happy for your spiritual growth and remember "without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6 (NIV). Be Blessed!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no good side in being wrongfully terminated. People are stripped off of their rights, and they'd still need to put up a fight to try and correct it. That doesn't sound fair to me. And in that light, may I ask if you've done something about your wrongful termination? And did the company state a reason for terminating you? Anyway, I wanna tell you that I admire you for taking a U-turn and leading your life to a better path.

    Janay Stiles

    ReplyDelete